There have been many advances made in luggage design over recent years which means that luggage is far easier to transport than it used to be. However, many people think that there are still many improvements that could be made.
When you think about the issues that you have with luggage there are probably several things that spring to mind. The risk of theft is something that many people worry about. You only need to take your hands off your luggage for a moment and it could be gone. When you have spent a long time travelling you will probably want something to drink but it can be hard balancing this when you have your luggage and other things to carry. If you are going to be away for some time then you may have a lot of luggage to carry and sometimes it seems as if you simply do not have enough hands.
The RetraStrap is a device that can help solve many of these common problems that people have when transporting their luggage. It is a retractable strap that can attach to your luggage and then be placed over your body so that you are able to pull your luggage without having to use your hands. The strap is very secure which means that theft is no longer an issue and you also do not have to worry about leaving your luggage behind by accident. It also keeps your hands free which means that you can grab a snack and a drink on the go and it makes things much easier when you need to hand over your travel documents. The strap is worn cross body and this means the luggage will be pulled using your torso. This actually puts a lot less stress on your body than pulling with your arms would.
There is no other product like the RetraStrap anywhere else on the market and it has several unique features.
- It works with most types of wheeled luggage that you would carry on to an airplane. This means that you do not have to worry about buying new pieces of luggage.
- It is retractable and lightweight. It can be carried easily in your hand luggage so that it is always ready when you need it.
- It is adjustable to fit any body type. It also has a shock absorber which gives added comfort and makes the luggage more stable when it is being pulled along.
- The chances of your luggage tipping over is reduced when you are using the RetraStrap. It also means that you are less likely to drop your luggage and risk causing damage to any of the contents inside.
- You will have as much manoeuvrability with the RetroStrap as you would if you were pulling your luggage by hand. Using the strap still allows you to make 90 degree turns and so it is perfect for negotiating a busy airport.
- Using the RetraStrap puts less strain on your body than pulling or pushing your luggage. The strap goes across your body and this means the weight of the luggage is more evenly distributed. It also means that your arm will not be kept in the same position and so you will feel more relaxed.
- Your hands are kept completely free when using the RetraStrap. This means that you can get a drink when you are on the go and access your travel documents quickly.
- There is less risk of you losing your luggage or it being stolen when using the RetraStrap. Although it is easy to remove the strap it is a deterrent to thieves because it is not something that they could do unnoticed.
There is currently a Kickstarter campaign which is running to help the company really get this product off the ground. This gives investors the chance to be one of the first people to receive a RetraStrap when they are produced. It has been a very successful campaign but there is still the chance to invest for those that are interested. The product has also been featured in the press, with notable mentions occuring on CBS, NBC and Bloomberg. There is a great deal of excitement about the potential that this product has.