When you decide that you’re going to apply for a credit card there are a few things that you should consider beforehand. Credit card companies offer several different types of incentives for credit card holders. These include discounts on products and services. If you’re a frequent flyer, it makes sense to get a credit card that offers the best benefits for flyers and the best possible rates. Finding the ideal card can take time and effort. We’ve compiled the best cards out there for people who use airline services.
Our list of the top 10 American Airlines credit cards will give you the information that you need to make the best choice.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card (Visa)
Credit needed to apply for this card is in the good to excellent range. APR is variable and based on creditworthiness between 15.24% – 23.24%
Annual Fee: There is no annual fee.
- Each dollar spent gives you one and a half points with twenty thousand points online for purchases of $1,000 or more within the first ninety days of opening the account.
- There are no limitations on seat choice, no blackout dates and no restrictions or specific websites to use for booking travel.
- Points may be redeemed for car rentals, hotels, cruises, vacation packages baggage fees or flights.
- Chip technology is included for additional card security.
- Introductory offer of zero% APR for twelve billing cycles on purchases made with the card.
- Bank of America checking or savings account earns an exta ten percent in bonus points on purchases.
- The bonus increases to twenty five to seventy five percent for Preferred Rewards clients.
Capitol One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Credit Needed is a good to excellent rating. APR is based on credit worthiness and ranges between12.24%-22.24%
Annual Fee: Introductory rate of zero percent for the first twelve months and $59 annually thereafter.
- No blackout dates, forty thousand one time bonus miles when you make $3000 in purchases in the first ninety days.
- Unlimited double miles for every dollar in purchases daily.
- No fees for foreign transactions
- Miles do not expire and no limit on the amount you can earn.
Master Black Card
Credit Needed is an excellent rating. APR: zero percent introductory rate for fifteen billing cycles and 15.24 percent thereafter.
Annual Fee is $495.00
- Carbon/stainless steel card
- Two times the points for airfare
- One and a half percent credit redemptions
- $100 Airline credit annually(purchases must qualify)
- $100 fee credit (Global Entry Application)
Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
Credit Needed to apply for this card is an excellent rating. APR is between 15.24% – 24.34%
Annual Fee is $450
- Fifty thousand American Airlines AAdvantage miles with $5,000 in purchases the first ninety days.
- A discount on round trip awards for certain flights in North America and two times the miles for every dollar in purchases for US Airways or American Airlines.
- One mile for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Admiral’s Club Membership, first bag checked free, priority boarding and twenty five percent discount on purchases made when in flight.
Gold Delta Sky Miles Card
Credit Needed is a good to excellent rating. APR is 15.99% to 24.99% based upon credit worthiness
Annual Fee is $0 Introductory for twelve months and $95 annually thereafter.
- Two miles per dollar for every Delta purchase and one mile per dollar for every other type with no limit on miles you can earn.
- Priority boarding, check first bag free and no foreign transaction fees.
- Thirty five thousand bonus miles available after $1,000 in purchases are made within the first ninety days with your card.
Expedia + card from Citi
Credit Needed is an excellent rating. APR is 15.24% – 23.24% variable
Annual Fee is $0
- Earn one Expedia + bonus point for each dollar spent on purchases.
- Three points are awarded per dollar on Expedia purchasees including flights, accommodations and other qualifying purchases.
- Earn fifteen thousand Expedia + points if you purchase $1,000 or more on your card within the first ninety days.
Citi Prestige Card
Credit Needed is an excellent rating. APR is 15.49%-23.49 variable
Annual Fee is $450.00
- Earn forty thousand bonus points after reaching $4,000 in purchases within the first ninety days of opening your account.
- $250 annually Travel credit.
- $100 every five years for Global Entry fee reimbursement.
- Three times the points for Air Travel and Hotel dollars spent.
- Two times the points on entertainment and restaurants.
- One point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
Credit Needed: Excellent. APR is 15.49% -19.49% variable
Annual Fee is $450.00
- Sky Club access is complementary with fifteen thousand Medallion Miles bonus and additional fifteen thousand miles when you spend a minimum of $30,000 + within the first twelve months of opening your account.
- $50 discount on round trip fare, roadside assistance and rental car insurance are also included as benefits with the Delta Reserve credit card.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premiere Credit Card
Credit Needed is good to excellent. APR is 16.24% – 24.24% variable based on credit worthiness.
Annual Fee is $99.00
- Earn two points per dollar spent on Southwest Airlines purchases and one point for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Six thousand bonus points after first year of opening account.
- No fees for foreign transactions, no seat restrictions or blackout dats for redeeming points.
- Free bag checking and fifty thousand more bonus points if you spend $2,000 within the first ninety days.
Jet Blue Master Card
Credit Needed:Good to excellent credit. APR is 12.24%-25.24%based on credit worthiness.
Annual Fee is $0
- Three times the points per dollar spent on Jet Blue purchases
- Two times the points per dollar spent on Grocery store or restaurant purchases
- One point per dollar spent on all other purchase types.
- Five thousand bonus points if you spend $1,000 with this card in the first ninety days of opening account.
- Points do not expire, there are no black out dates and they can be redeemed for any seats of your choice.
There are many airline credit cards to choose from. These are the top credit cards for American Airline Flyers. Each have their own requirements and a unique set of benefits. We chose cards with a broad range of advantages with varying features in order to give you a broad selection to choose from. Browse through the selection to find the Airline credit card that most closely meets your needs and preferences.