If you find yourself spending a lot of money going to the theater, there is a new company that offers a great solution that could save you a few bucks. MoviePass offers a subscription service that allows you to see one movie each day, that is playing in theaters. The pass only costs $10 a month so if you’re a frequent movie goer, it makes sense to subscribe. Here is everything that you need to know about MoviePass.
1. When it started
MoviePass was first established in 2011, but not a lot of people knew about it. It was just recently that they took their operation into the mainstream. On Tuesday, August 15, 2017, they decided to go big and offer their service for just $9.95 a month as a promotional special.
2. What makes the service better than ever
Former moviegoers who took advantage of MoviePass were paying $50 a month and thought that was a good deal. The pass gave them unlimited privileges and if you see five or more movies a month, it probably would be a deal, but the company has made some changes. The new lower price is bound to bring in some hefty traffic for the processing end of the company. We’re expecting to see subscription numbers hit the ceiling.
3. What you get with the pass
It’s human nature to ask “what’s the catch?” The price seems to good to be true so it makes people wonder what the limitations will be. Here are the rules. With a subscription, the holder can see one movie a day in theaters. It is a flat rate and once you pay the subscription fee of $10, there are no more charges for the month. You really can walk into the theater every day and see one movie each day without paying more.
4. There are no blackout dates so you can see a film the day it comes out in theaters if you want.
For many add on or subscription services, there are only certain times when you can use the services, but that’s not the case for MoviePass users. They are not run like air rewards bonus points. You are not placed in any certain category for using the pass to pay for the viewing. You will be able to see the movie whenever everyone else is going.
5. There are some minor limitations associated with the use of MoviePass services that you need to know about.
There aren’t many, but it’s important to know before you attempt to use it.The movie must be in standard 2D. 3D movies are excluded from the pass. This is a small price to pay for having unlimited access to new films that come out, but if you’re a 3D fan, you’ll need to plan on paying the regular admission fee for each of these.
6. You will also NOT be able to use the card for IMAX movies.
This just means that you’ll need to check your app and find a participating theater where your card will work, if there is a showing of a standard movie. IMAX is not a company that participates with MoviePass at this point in time. We’re not certain if there will be any type of collaboration in the future.
7. You may only view a movie title one time with the pass.
You can see other films, but it does limit the number of times you can see each movie to once.
8. Swipe the card like a regular debit
As a part of the service, MoviePass will send you a debit card in the mail. Each time you want to see a film, the company loads your card with the cost of the ticket. Use the debit card to pay the theater and that is all there is to it. Just sign up at MoviePass.com.
9. You can only purchase one ticket at a time.
The payment process will need to happen for each day you see a movie.
10. The company makes the claim that it works at roughly 91 percent of the theaters in America.
The app can be downloaded on your smartphone to help you check on which theaters are participating. You just enter your zipcode and it brings up the theaters you can use.
You can also read:
- 10 Rules of Success According to Larry David
- Three Women Making Waves in the $23 Billion Pet Food Industry
- How To Find the Right Partner When Selling to the Federal Government
- Four Reasons Why College Students Should Intern for a Non Profit
- 10 Real Estate Influencers to Follow in 2017