25 Tasks To Hire an eCommerce Virtual Assistant For
So, you’ve grown your e-commerce business to the point you can no longer keep up with the day-to-day tasks? Sounds like a great problem to have, right? Running a business on your own can be daunting, but luckily there is no reason to. In fact, by doing so you could be seriously stunting your growth and profits. Outsourcing certain tasks can take your e-commerce business to the next level and give you back your sanity. Here are 25 examples of tasks you can hire an e-commerce virtual assistant for.
When your business reaches a certain point, the fulfillment tasks can quickly become overwhelming. Let’s face it, you cannot sell without sufficient inventory, yet excess inventory can cost you big bucks. Managing fulfillment is a balancing act that requires a keen eye and a specific skill set.
- Inventory Management – Your virtual assistant can make sure the right amount of inventory is always available for your business.
- Downloading Barcodes and Labels – Don’t waste your valuable time downloading your own barcodes and labels. A good virtual assistant can manage this task for you.
- Tracking Shipments – Your virtual assistant can easily ensure that shipments are delivered as promised.
Graphic Design and Photography
Your image and brand are critical. While you may be business savvy, unless you are also creative and artistically talented, you may want to outsource these tasks to get a professional look.
- Logo Design – your logo represents you and your company. Get it done right by hiring an experienced designer who can create a high quality logo.
- Listing Images – Pictures are worth a thousand words, and potential buyers want to see clear images of what they intend to spend their money on. Outsource your listing images to a qualified assistant.
- Infographics – Need to communicate complex data to your target audience? Use a graphic designer to design an easy to read infographic that tells your story.
Web Design and Development
Even with all of the drag-and-drop templates available, web design isn’t for the faint of heart. Your website can either say professional or amateur, and you can probably guess which your customers would rather buy from.
- Website Design – Outsource your website design and get it done right the first time. Otherwise, you could waste loads of time and money in the future.
- Database Management – You can easily lose potential customers if your server has a glitch and your site experiences issues. Keep your site up and running smoothly with professional maintenance so that your customers always have a pleasant experience.
- Site Optimization – Use a professional to optimize your site so that it runs quickly and efficiently.
Great customer service is critical to your success in e-commerce. Your customers have choices, so make sure they always choose you by outsourcing your customer service tasks to a virtual assistant.
- Answering Questions – Don’t leave your customers hanging. By hiring a virtual assistant, your customers will have their questions answered quickly.
- Responding to Reviews – Hiring an assistant with a customer service background is a great idea when it comes to responding to reviews – especially the negative ones. Keeping customers happy is essential.
- Follow Up – Want to make your customers feel special? Of course! Hire an assistant to follow up with your customers after they purchase from you. This is an easy way to level up your business and keep customers coming back time after time.
Content is important. It is what sells your product. You want the words on your website and product to match your brand and empathize with your target audience.
- Product Listings – Potential customers will decide whether to click on your product or pass it by based solely on the description. Hire a content writer who knows how to write juicy listings that sell.
- Email Marketing – Your email list is your most valuable selling tool. These are people who have saved a spot for you in their inbox, and you must keep them happy. An experienced assistant will know how to write emails and get them to convert to purchases.
- Product Creation – If you have dreams of publishing an ebook or online course, you will need an assistant to help rework your words with a professional tone.
Who has time to research and find wholesale priced products for your e-commerce store? Your virtual assistant can take this very important item off of your plate.
- Product Research – Your virtual assistant can do all the heavy work of researching which products are best for your business so that you can spend more of your time selling them.
- Negotiating Deals – Hiring an assistant to help with product negotiations can save you a lot of money in the long-run.
- Securing Samples – An experienced assistant can secure samples for you to try out before selling on Amazon. This can be a huge help to ensure that your products are all high-quality.
Running ads is essential in today’s market, but it can seem like a foreign language to someone who hasn’t been properly trained. Hiring an assistant who knows what he or she is doing can make your Ads reach more buyers and convert at a higher rate.
- Setting up an Ad-Campaign – Setting up an ad campaign can be complicated, and it is essential to get it right so that you don’t waste money. Outsource this task to a pro.
- Analyze Campaigns – You will need to analyze your ad campaign data to further optimize it for the future. This task can be easily outsourced to an assistant with experience.
Search Engine Optimization
Google can make or break your website traffic by determining how well your website is optimized. You don’t want to leave this task to an amateur.
- Keyword Research and SEO – An assistant who knows the ins and outs of SEO will ensure that Google chooses your website based on popular keyword searches.
- Link Building – Google may penalize your site if you do not build links the proper way, so this task is better left to a professional.
- Social Bookmarking – A virtual assistant who is experienced in SEO will know how to get your site quality backlinks to drive up your Google ranking.
Social Media is a big part of today’s online world. Your business needs to be represented across all major platforms. By outsourcing this task, your business will always have a strong social media presence.
- Social Media Manager – Never let your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter go unattended. It is tough to keep up with multiple social media platforms, but your virtual assistant can take care of it all for you.
Accounting tasks can be tedious, but they are required by all businesses. Mistakes in these tasks can be costly, so trust your finances to an experienced virtual assistant.
- Finance Manager – Your virtual assistant can do all of your bookkeeping for you. Everything from paying bills and preparing invoices to tax documentation can be outsourced to one or several virtual assistants.
The e-commerce business you’ve worked so hard to build can continue to grow by choosing to utilize outside assistance. Don’t be afraid to outsource as much as possible so that you are free to focus on continued growth and development. There are many highly qualified assistants waiting to help you take your business to the next level.