Not only has the number of superyachts grown over the decades, but the size and popularity of these luxurious vessels has grown as well among the wealthy. There are multiple shipyards around the world that are well-known for building extravagant yachts and they are continually working to improve on their size, power and luxuriousness. Amels is one of the most respected names in superyachts and continues to pave the way in creating some of the most magnificent superyachts in the world today.
Who is Amels?
Amels is part of the family-owned Damen shipyards and is the largest superyacht facility located in the Netherlands. Amels has been one of the most respected names and leaders in the world of yacht building for many decades. Amels became even more successful in 2007 when they successfully launched the Limited Editions line which consists of a choice of five motor yacht platform designs ranging from 55 metres to 83 meters.
The Limited Edition superyachts allows yacht buyers to have the ease of choosing from a predetermined platform while retaining the ability to customize the interior, as opposed to total customized yachts where buyers have more control over customizing both the interior and exterior. Amels’ belief is that there is more to just owning a yacht. Owning a yacht opens the door to “creating priceless memories.”
One of the largest superyachts built by Amels is the Plvs Vltra. The Plvs Vltra extends 241.14ft (74 meters) and is the first Amels 242 from the Limited Editions range to be delivered to its owner which happened this 2016, after it completed its March sea trials. Tim Heywood successfully combined elegance with contemporary in this design, giving the yacht a more modernized outline which configures nicely with the expansive layout of the yacht; particularly, the owner’s deck at 240sqft.
When onboard the Plvs Vltra, you will want for nothing. This superyacht is full of amenities that makes this one of the most functional, luxurious and high-performance superyachts on the seas today. The outline and design of the Plvs Vltra make this one of the most inviting yachts for entertaining guests.
How was the Plvs Vltra built?
The Plvs Vltra was built in Vlissingen Holland at Damen Shipyards, one of the largest shipyards in Holland. The shipyard covers 100,000sq m. It is large enough to accommodate a wide range of yachts, from new builds, to refits and private yachts up to 200 meters. The yard also includes fully climate-controlled halls and dry docks. An entire design and engineer team oversee every detail of the construction of each yacht to ensure its precision and dependability. It is the attention to detail that makes Amels’ yachts stand out from the rest.
The new construction team from Moran were the ones to oversee the construction of the Plvs Vltra from the beginning and when it comes to the construction of the Plvs Vltra, it was designed with many features that make this superyacht stand out among many others. The basic construction of the yacht began with giving the Plvs Vltra a displacement steel hull, aluminum superstructure and all teak decks.
How does the Plvs Vltra perform out at sea? The Plvs Vltra was designed with 2 diesel engines and is propelled with twin screw propellers so that she is able to reach a top speed of 16 knots and will comfortably cruise at 15 knots. Her tanks hold 155,000 liters of fuel which gives her the ability to reach a maximum range of 5,000 nautical miles at a speed of 12.5 knots. The Plvs Vltra’s water tanks hold an impressive 38,000 gallons of fresh water to ensure the entire crew and guests are well accommodated while cruising for long periods of time.
Features and amenities
There are many features that make this motor yacht a remarkable and luxurious vessel. Some of the most enticing features that any yacht owner would love to have onboard include:
- Sprawling entertainment room – The elongated main deck is a perfect place to entertain multiple guests as well as you will find the entertainment area with dance floor and bar to be the perfect place to relax and have some fun with a drink and dancing.
- Helipad – Talk about luxury! – The bridge deck was designed with a personal touch-and-go superyacht helipad for a personal helicopter or any other helicopter that may need to land aboard the Plvs Vltra.
- Owner’s deck – A spacious deck runs along the owner’s stateroom with sliding doors to let in the fresh sea air, more light or to enjoy a drink while overlooking the water and views around you.
- Gym – Getting in a good workout while out at sea is not a problem on the Plvs Vltra. A fully loaded gym is at your fingertips for you and your guests to use any time.
- Sauna – After a long day, relaxing in your personal sauna to rejuvenate your mind and body is a treat and part of your luxury health spa package on the Plvs Vltra.
- Steam room – Along with a sauna, the Plvs Vltra also has a steam room for you to enjoy with your guests.
- Hot Tub – The sun deck is the perfect place to relax in the hot tub surrounded by sunpads. It doesn’t get any better than that!
- Infinity pool – Nothing says luxury like having your own pool onboard your motor yacht which is exactly what the Plvs Vltra has added. An ample sized Infinity pool is set on the main deck onboard the Plvs Vltra it’s the perfect place to cool off, on those hot days out at sea.
- At-anchor stabilizers – You’ll always be comfortable no matter if the seas are rough with the at-anchor stabilizers. When docked or anchored, the at-anchor stabilizers keep the yacht stabilized for everyone’s comfort and enjoyment.
- Cabins – The Plvs Vltra sleeps up to 12 guests and 23 crew members. The cabin set-up includes 6 cabins, a master suite, 2 VIP staterooms, as well as plenty of sleeping quarters for the crew.
* The Plvs Vltra is a personally owned, luxury motor yacht and is not for charter.