Hublot watches are known for their innovative combination of traditional precision craftsmanship and superbly artistic new designs. The design workshop has created proprietary new materials and striking advances in movement and case construction. Working closely together in synergy, the manufacture’s in-house Metallurgy and Materials laboratory and Research and Development department maintain a duet of imaginative creation. It’s this creative dance, meshing experience with imagination, that has produced truly innovative Hublot timepieces.
Each Hublot creation is the result of a process. The manufacture includes innovative movement construction, unique materials, and inspirational designs. Each new watch begins with a rough sketch of an idea, including its proportions and proposed aesthetics. This provides a concept which becomes the basis for a movement’s functions and presentation of the desired aesthetics. A functioning prototype watch is created to test the concept.
The heart of Hublot’s philosophy is the Art of Fusion. The watchmaking house seeks to push boundaries by improving the performance and aesthetics of traditional materials, and creating completely new composites using an entire palette of watch-making materials:
- Proprietary Magic Gold is an 18-carat scratch proof alloy of gold; the first of its kind
- Carbon fiber replacing heavier, traditional alloys and metals
- Artificial and naturally produced rubber; supple, tear resistant and waterproof
- King Gold; an exclusive red gold more red than traditional 5N; with copper and platinum added
- Palladium found in volcanic rocks
- Stainless steel, tantalum, titanium, tungsten, zirconium, and the rarest metal osmium; all used for their durability, strength, corrosion resistance, and superb use in watch mechanical components
The combination of exotic materials, exceptional artistry and impeccable horological manufacture is what propels the Art of Fusion at Hublot. It is this philosophy which is evident in these newest timepieces.
La Grande Odyssey 2017
Presented at the La Grande Odyssée Savoie Mont Blanc on January 11, 2017, this new model Classic Fusion timepiece honors Hublot’s partnership with the renowned sled dog race. It is an epic competition, with a course run through the Haute-Savoie, a landscape which pushes sled dog teams and their mushers to their limits. The race is filled with technical challenges which were undertaken from the 7th to the 18th of January 2017 through the peaks of the Savoie region in France. The distance is 1,000 kilometers undertaken in ten stages of carefully timed mental and physical agony.
The La Grande Odyssey was designed to pay tribute to the race, and includes design features to do so:
- The dial is blue surrounded by titanium, which symbolizes the contrast of sky against snow
- The blue is a shade matching that of the sled dogs’ eyes
- The satin finish dial is a tribute to the sun’s rays reflecting on snow
- The textured strap, with vintage style stitching, is rugged to echo the harshness of the race
- Classic Fusion collection
- Special Edition limited to 100 timepieces
- Satin finish, polished titanium case
- Bezel is polished, in satin finish titanium
- Bezel lug is composite resin in white
- Case back is engraved with “XX/100”, “EDITION”, “SPECIAL”, in polished titanium
- Clasp is a stainless-steel buckle
- Crown includes the Hublot logo in polished titanium
- Crystal is sapphire, and includes an anti-reflective treatment
- Dial includes wind rose at 3 o’clock, and a sunray which is satin-finished in blue
- Diameter is 45 mm
- Movement is HUB1143; a self-winding mechanical chronograph
- Power reserve is 42 hours
- Strap is made of blue calfskin with white top-stitching and white rubber
- Water resistance is approximately 50 meters
Price is not available
Big Bang Broderie Sugar Skull Fluo
The Big Bang collection represents Hublot’s philosophy of the “Art of Fusion” in its most iconic way. The collection was specifically created to introduce designs which would not only be exclusive, but fly in the face of tradition. New to the collection for Spring 2017 is the Sugar Skull Fluo. It is a melding of finest St. Gallen Bischoff embroidery. The Swiss brand is internationally known for its artisans whose mastery created the fluorescent embroidery for the timepieces. The delicate arabesque motifs were commissioned specifically, and are realized on black silk organza. The skull motif is surrounded by matching gemstones, and created to add energy to the wearer’s day.
- Big Bang collection
- Each Neon color in a limited edition of 100 timepieces
- Bezel is black-plated and polished
- Bezel has four Neon color options:
- Hot Pink is set with pink sapphires, totaling 36
- Cobalt Blue is set with blue sapphires, totaling 36
- Sunflower is set with yellow sapphires, totaling 36
- Malachite Green is set with Lsavorites, totaling 36
- There are 6 titanium screws on each black-plated, H-shaped bezel.
- Dial is a combination of black silk on the upper layer, with embroidery colored to match the bezel color choice, and carbon fibre
- Case is polished ceramic in black, with a diameter of 41 mm
- Movement is HUB1110 self-winding mechanical, with a Swiss lever escapement, and a tungsten rotor which is open-worked with oscillating weight
- Power reserve is approximately 42 hours
- Strap is black rubber with silk satin embroidered in the selected neon color choice which matches the bezel
- Water resistance is to approximately 100 meters
Hot Pink: 343.CP.6590.NR.1233
Cobalt Blue: 343.CL.6590.NR.1201
Malachite Green: 343.CG.NR.1222
Price is not available.
Hublot Sang Bleu
The debut of the Sang Bleu timepiece, which was the result of a partnership between tattoo artist Maxime Büchi and Hublot, an exclusive tattoo parlor was set up in the Miami Hublot Galerie. The precision geometrics of the talented Swiss artist Büchi are featured on the Sang Bleu dial, demonstrating that a timepiece can indeed be highly technical and artistic at the same time. The collaboration between the highly successful entrepreneur Büchi and Hublot created what some horologists view as the most distinctive timepiece Hublot has in its collections.
The Sang Bleu’s dial is matte black, with a hexagonal 6-sided bezel. The linear design echo that of the Vitruvian Man by da Vinci, whose works have inspired Büchi. The hour numerals were also designed by Swiss Typefaces, which is Büchi’s agency. The skeleton hands are plated with rhodium. Three octagonal discs show the hour, the minutes and the seconds. The strap is made from calfskin and rubber in a black to gray gradient which is hot stamped to the surface. The haute timepiece is available in a limited edition of 200.
- Bezel in hexagonal shape of polished Titanium with a satin finish and 6 H shaped screws of Titanium
- Bezel lugs are black composite resin
- Case is 45 mm
- Case is polished Titanium with Maxime Büchi tattoo-inspired design engraved on satin finish
- Crystal is sapphire glass, anti-reflective treated
- Dial is black with Maxime Büchi design
- Clasp is folding and made from Titanium
- Movement is HUB1213, UNICO with automatic winding, and mechanical
- Power reserve of 72 hours
- Water resistance to 100 m
Price is approximately $18,800.
In 2016, Hublot made the first watch cases for large-scale series to be cut from pure sapphire blocks. In the past, only one-of-a-kind timepieces or very exclusive limited series had been made this way. But the Big Bang Sapphire, which was launched at the 2016 Baselworld was released in a 500-piece exclusive edition, and it features the sapphire 9 Mohs scale hardness which nearly reaches the 10 Mohs scale of a diamond.
By 2017, after 4 years of development, Hublot’s own manufacture created the Unico movement. It has 330 hand-assembled components. Its construction makes it capable of adding modules and complications. Combining the Unico movement with the revolutionary sapphire case, produced the Big Bang Unico Sapphire. It is a strikingly beautiful timepiece with the transparency of sapphire and the intriguing complexities of its movement.
- Bezel of polished sapphire crystal and transparent composite resin lower bezel
- Case size of 45 mm
- Case made of polished sapphire crystal
- Crystal made of sapphire with anti-reflective treatment
- Dial of transparent composite resin, polished
- Skeleton dial
- Dial features appliques and hands with white luminescent
- Clasp is buckle style made from titanium
- Strap is lined, structured and transparent
- Movement is Unico manufacture; HUB1242, with self-winding chronograph, and flyback movement with a column wheel
- Power reserve is 72 hours
- Water resistance is to 100 m
Price is approximately $57,900.
Meca-10 Magic Gold
What makes the Meca-10 Magic Gold amazing is its enormous power reserve. The timepiece has two parallel barrels and a rack and pinion power reserve indication system which is unique. What makes the watch beautifully unique, is that it is made with Hublot’s now famous scratch-resistant gold. Magic Gold is a fusion of ceramic and 24-carat gold with a hardness of nearly 1000 Vickers.
Hublot patented Magic Gold in 2012, with the EPFL. The Meca-10’s mechanism is enclosed within its case made of Magic Gold, but the innovative design allows viewing of the entire power reserve mechanism located on the dial side. The movement is the new manufacture caliber HUB1201. It has a skeleton mechanism which is wound manually. The Meca-10 is a limited edition of 200 pieces.
- Case is round, brushed and polished Magic Gold, and 45 mm
- Case back is sapphire crystal with black ceramic which has been micro-blasted
- Crystal is sapphire with an anti-reflective coating
- Upper Bezel is polished Magic Gold; Lower bezel is black composite resin
- Dial is matte black and skeletonized
- Functions include chronograph, date, hours, minutes and seconds
- Movement is automatic/self-winding, skeleton with manual winding and power reserve, a power reserve of 10 days, a Swiss lever escapement and 223 components
- Water resistance to 330 feet
Price is approximately $34,600.