Business leadership, urbane and effective business leadershipmust be respectfully viewed, actuated and realized as a disciplined art form. Yes, an art form. A direct relative and close cousin to artists, musicians, writers, vocalists, actors, sports legends, composers, Olympians, ballerina’s and others trained to capture and mesmerize our hearts and minds: lead us down a path of artistic joy and balance. All art forms are enveloped into core constructs, time curated disciplines matured over time. Effective art forms stimulate emotions, warm and energize hearts and minds, mentor skills, stimulate inclusion, build demand foundations and boomerang futures: auger dreams to be fulfilled. Refulgent art forms earn the right for their unfair share of our time, our hearts, our minds and yes, our pocketbooks.
There are many key elements to successful artistry. Effective, stimulating artists discipline their contributions down a successful road called accomplishments. We are sadly not taught these most valuable artistic creative pillars and anthems thru our school years. And we do not mindfully ponder or consider how an artist matures creativity to a point that we personally demand to view it, to soak it in, to purchase. We applaud, we enjoy and personally benefit from heartfelt and mind-felt emotions however we never truly pause to examine why we are so engaged with a cordon bleu artist. We do think about just how we ourselves may also become such an artist others are stimulated to follow, to pause for, to admire. So we may transfer and mature these creative skills to gain artistic influence in our business roles towards best achieving product and brand market advantage.
Certainly we can all name with admiration a multitude of artistic leaders in business, in sports, in music, in dance with direct carnets and cadence into our hearts and minds. But it is the commonality we must docent, the core construct to august artistry we so admire… to be passed onto and upon even our children. To teach those with wide eyes who passion for more in life to fuel and fulfill their hearts, minds and dreams. In point of fact, that person may be your child, may your next door neighbor, your friend, your colleague… may be a consumer you wish to sell a product to.
Like many of you reading these words, I practice and exercise musical artistry and creativity as an effective way to fuel competitive advantage in business leadership. As it is well stated, “practice makes perfect” especially practicing creativity and artistry often, with prideful vigor and bravado to strengthen one’s ability to gain heartfelt market response. Here is an example of my personal artistic creativity and practice, fully composed, orchestrated and performed over the weekend titled A Blues Night. I share to amplify my personal conviction to practice, exercise and business transfer the art of the creative possible to best gain market advantage.
I prescribe these 7 creative traits to best exercise and mature business artistry and market effectiveness in any field or endeavor you choose:
- Dream: Without a specific dream, without a passion for achievement, without a path to feed desire and want, artful leadership is not possible.
- Focus: Professional artists in any field rely on their finesse, their intense focus to perform complex routines. Their intense sobriety in muscled concentration of mind, heart and body stimulate and cause success.
- Patience: Excellence to be achieved is congressed through fastidious determination, discipline and great respectful patience. A pro-artist does not achieve overnight. They achieve through kinetic practice, patience and curation.
- Discipline: The core artistic elements for steady and dauntless discipline include: endurance, repetition, respect, training, organization, rigor, rules regimen and most importantly, perseverance.
- Be Creative: Any artist’s core is creativity. Creativite skills in business allow you to spin around competitors, enforces your business forecast, builds passion into the hearts and minds of your listeners, of your targeted audience. Creativity is the essence of art, the core of business leadership and competitive advantage.
- Passion: World class artists are incredible competitors. Their gravitas is flinty yet caring and sharing, mindful and respectful of others they admire, they compete with. They passion the fight, they humbly respect victories and losses. They fall only to rise again, kinetically thru their art, thru their determined passion.
- Goal Orientation: To achieve ones artistic dream, assiduous goals are set and re-set along the creative path. Sometimes in mere seconds. Goals can multiply, they can change, they can be added or subtracted but in the end, they are there to be gracefully and artistically achieved.
Viceroy artists enjoy DNA commonality known as “artistic hunger.”They hunger for artful achievement. They hunger for a creative leadership perch. They embrace creativity, they sponge learn from others, they discipline and augment their personal strokes: they heartfelt share and care amongst their circulated crowds, their potential customers. They mollify and maverick hearts and minds for those that surround them, those they effectively stimulate thru their art. They motivate and docent others that pine for artistic leadership, that lionize what has already been accomplished by so many leading artists on canvas or artists in business we call market leaders. In essence, creativity is the purest and most effective path to the art of the possible, to market centric competitive advantage.