“BI Intelligence reports by 2020 there will be roughly 24 billion IoT devices connected to the internet with businesses being the top adopters of these new integrated technologies.”
Of course these sensors, connected “sensory-brains” will profit benefit not only businesses but benefit consumers in incredible ways. From emotional sensory communication feeds and speeds of content suggestions, living patterns, timed deployments, perceptions and deliverables to event based promulgation: the ability for a machine to take action based upon IoT programmed sensory feeds. The ability for a creative thinking team within any department, within any discipline to digest, assimilate and take profitable market action based upon smart, real time IoT sensory data.
The IoT’s, through its simplest definition portends to smartly connect, network and pylon devices, content, people, packaging, objects, ordinary things, processes, data and even advertising touch points. Intends to enable varying platforms and devices to sponsor and realize the collection and exchange of fast and highly efficient data. The internet of things, with the potential to incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) is about to change everything, everywhere, all the time. In essence we move from our current “hub and nodes” solitary economic and knowledge based interactions to an ambient IoT sensor based economy where everything and everyone physical and human is connected to everything else: “where no-thing is left behind.”
No need to alert you to the furious, hyper-changing business world we all troll through. No need to shock and awe you regarding how digital change is disrupting every touch point of our lives. No need to share the vast overabundance of info-channels across a multitude of glowing boxes, screens and shrinking devices. But we do need to understand how to best navigate our personal brand promise in the language of fueling and articulating our skill sets, our knowledge, our clarity-in-future to best accelerate our personal value inside the changing “machine.”
To prepare and auger our business future lives and opportunities which are about to change dramatically in the new IoT economy… we must acknowledge risk never sleeps. Risk within our own leadership capabilities, our own value proposition inside the machine causes us to nurse our capabilities, focus on our current and future value: face the unvarnished reality that everything will be different within each of our roles over the next 3 to 5 years. Realize that we have passed through the early days of digital evolution and are now racing into the post digital economy (i.e. The IoT economy) where the opportunity obsessed will thrive, the obsessed-to-change will drive new market opportunities.
THE DIGNITY OF KNOWLEDGE
By 2026 simple computers will transact artificially/mentally like our human brains at 10 trillion transactions per second. This hyper-processing speed suggests robots, customized computers of some form will be able to create content, react and profess to questions and answers, measure and augment perfectly conceived and smartly derived metrics: effectively and efficiently. Content will be an even greater business profit and consumer emotional king as IoT and AI (artificial intelligence) will congener perfection at the right time, place and wanting demand. For more on just how I define content click here for a special video: “What is Content?”
- By 2026 50 percent of all B2C transactions and 70 percent of all B2B transactions will be controlled, stimulated and financially enacted by cloud based non-humans. In essence, robo-computers will engine, accelerate and transact over 50 percent of the world’s economy.
- By 2026 over 1 trillion devices, packages and things worldwide will be connected as nodes to billions of hubs globally. Each node will have instant-intelligence and instant-authority in the language of supply chain management, data mining relevance, user-profile preferences, pricing variance, video recognition and intelligence in congress with smart volume based negotiations and articulations.
- By 2026 the number one classified crime locally and globally will be digital: digital theft, digital bunco, digital bribe, digital credit card exchanges.
- The number of connected home appliance shipments will hit 202 million units globally by 2021, up substantially from 17 million this year, according to the Smarter Kitchen, Smarter Shopping study by Juniper Research.
- The IoT economy will promulgate a smarter, faster and closer one-to-one SCRM (Social Customer Relationship Management) relationship with consumers creating profitable advertising, marketing, branding and selling opportunities, second by second.
- This smart digital transformation is a journey, not a destination. We are in the early days of smarter, highly embedded technologies which will educate, fuel and blossom faster consumer interactions and commerce.
- We are accelerating profitable productivity while lessening the need for direct human intervention towards creating brand and consumer value. Digital IoT speed, deployment and connections in essence will be smarter and more profitable than human capital intentions.
IoT intends to bring both simple and complicated physical “things” to life: to catalyst, prompt and promote collected data and communications through the clouds designed to fuel greater efficiencies, competences and competitive advantage. Everything from desk lamps communicating to their light bulbs on when to turn on and off, to light bulbs communicating their remaining life span to their home owner. Garbage cans will communicate real time with trash centers for on-time and location pickup while the garbage truck will then communicate the content its collected to advise the trash center of its weights, types of garbage and materials.
Fifteen years from now we will all be highly dependent on the knowledge derived from an assiduous stream of IoT collected data; wondering just how we ever managed or enjoyed our lives without it. All aspects of our business and home lives will perform in hyper-speeds with the ability to make smarter, more accurate and timely decisions across every aspect of our lives. Increases in IoT productivity will deliver increases in company and personal time… and financial profitability. This increase in profitability will deliver increases in opportunity, happiness and well-being. In essence your connected experiences with both human and physical objects and things will incredibly change everything for everyone, forever. And just imagine, from a social standpoint, with machines and humans all connected in perfect harmony, no-thing will ever be left behind.
Peter is the author of Green Reign Leadership: Look Inside.