Claudia Alende is a Brazilian model and businesswoman who you might recognize due to her incredible resemblance to Megan Fox. In 2014, Alende participated in the Miss Bumbum and finished as vice champion, losing to Indianara Carvalho. She then found fame online as a Megan Fox lookalike but since then has taken the social media site by storm. The Brazilian model is followed by nearly 8 million people on Instagram and has made millions from her career as a lingerie model.
We recently had a chance to speak with Claudia and ask her about her tremendous success. Here are the questions we asked and the answers we received!
Claudia, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. Let's begin with your background. Where did you grow up? What was family like? Etc etc. Whatever you'd like to share.
I was born in Francisco Beltrão, Brazil to parents of Italian descent, where I eventually opened a clothing store. I moved to São Paulo at the age of 20, where I started my modeling career.
1. You first rose to fame after being the runner up in the Miss Bumbum contest. What kinds of opportunities did you see after that?
Miss Bumbum was in 2014. After that I worked in some TV shows in Brazil and did some publicity campaigns.
2. Tell us about your experience as a Megan Fox look a like? Is it something you still utilize in your career or have you moved past that?
This began when I was 17 years old. Someone commented on my Facebook page about it. In the beginning I didn't give it much importance, but when I was 21 years old I started working on TV and publicity campaigns so I gained exposure. At that point the Megan Fox comments started to become more frequent on my social media pages, and literally overnight everyone was talking about it. From Cosmopolitan to TMZ there was a lot of coverage. It definitely helped in the beginning, but nowadays I have moved past it and want to be recognized as “Claudia" and my own career.
3. You have nearly 8 million followers on Instagram. How do you think you achieved such a big following?
It looks like it was easy but it was not. It took over 2 years to get there. It was a mix of effort and time spent on it. Things that helped: my modeling career, Miss Bumbum, TV show appearances, Megan fox resemblance, the big media that literally “adopted” me frequently posting interviews and stories about me and my career, good partnerships with big companies, etc etc. But I've never stopped working on the page and trying to keep my audience on their toes with new content every day.
4. It seems your primary income is as a lingerie model. Tell the readers some things people may not know about this business.
My main income is from publicity campaigns from social media but I also make a living doing lingerie, fitness and fashion campaigns.
5. Do you have other streams or income or businesses you are interested in?
I have a clothing store in my hometown. Other streams are my website with advertisements and I manage other models working as an agent. I’m interested in a music career and real estate, which I plan to pursue in 2017.
6. What are some of the most important business lessons you've learned in your career?
- Do not have only 1 source of income.
- Have a plan A, B and C. You do not know the future.
- Do not stress yourself with unhappy costumers proving they're wrong, they are not your ideal client.
- Observe the strategies of the other players in your business field.
- If you want to succeed, observe and surround yourself with people that have succeeded and make great connections.
7. What advice would you give other people trying to achieve success?
Do not give up, no one can beat those who do not give up, persist, go after your dreams, even when people around you tell you that you wont succeed, you need to believe in yourself. In the beginning when I decided to not go to college as my family wanted and like all my friends to pursue my dreams in the artistic field as a model, everyone thought that I was crazy and wouldn't succeed, but I believed I would succeed so much so that I moved to São Paulo contrary my family's wishes and started pursuing my dreams.
8. What motivates you to get up every single day and work hard?
The success, reaching the top spot in my field and seeing all the struggle I had and how working hard every single day is the only way to get there.
9. Where do you see yourself in say 5-10 years?
Being one of the top names in my field.
10. What do you think your biggest accomplishments are in your life, career, or both?
In both I have an amazing life surrounded by good people and a prospering career. Everything looks right.
11. What are your biggest failures? And what have you learned from them?
I don’t regret anything. I think everything happens for a reason and if I changed a single decision it could have made a huge difference in a negative way.
Written by Garrett Parker
Read more posts by Garrett Parker