Being a prosperous entrepreneur is rarely a matter of luck. More often than not, it’s the result of relentless hard work and being smart about the strategies and services they use to help their business grow to its maximum potential. However, even the most successful entrepreneurs need a little guidance from time to time on the best strategies and services to pursue for their business. Having a trusted resource to help a business owner cross the t’s and dot the i’s can help optimize the business.
As one of the top seven franchises to invest in, according to Forbes, Kiddie Academy prides itself on providing its network of franchisees with the tools needed to make educated decisions for growing their business. The Kiddie Academy corporate team acts as a guiding light in many of the areas that are critical to success.
Here are some of the crucial areas Kiddie Academy encourages its franchisees to focus on while building a successful business:
- Plan Strategically – Success isn’t a result of a random spin of the wheel of fortune. Successful entrepreneurs make a detailed plan and stick to it. Identify your business’s current position, where you want your business to be a year from now, how you’re going to get there and how to deal with anticipated challenges. Kiddie Academy franchise owners have two terrific resources to help with this planning. First, they can reach out to their Franchise Business Consultant (FBC), a seasoned business professional with extensive franchising and managerial experience. Franchise Business Consultants can give advice on what you need to consider when building your strategic business plan. The other resource they have access to is the Kiddie Academy Administrative Operations Manual. The manual is a playbook for you to follow, based on standards and best practices that have worked successfully for other Kiddie Academy franchisees through the years.
- Make Good Hires – Hiring the right people is crucial to building a successful franchise. The current staff that supports the business and even your customers can be good referral sources for finding the right employees. You want to make sure you’re bringing qualified people on board and people who have complementary strengths to others already working there. A good hire becomes productive faster and is likely to stay with you longer.
- Create a Positive Culture – Great leaders create cultures that naturally draw people in. Besides selecting people with the skills you need to maintain and grow a business, seek out people who would be a good fit within the current culture. You want your business to reflect your values, so the people you add to your team should share and even enhance those same values. Your business should be a place people feel good about walking into every day, where transparency, trust and commitment are valued and a place where employees feel empowered.
- Create Outstanding Customer Experiences – Everything you do should be with the customer in mind. For Kiddie Academy, franchise owners want to make parents feel like they made the right decision in selecting their business. Kiddie Academy offers numerous opportunities to engage and build great relationships with the families in your community. From special events such as Storytime LIVE! and STEM Adventures, to its proprietary Life Essentials® curriculum, everything Kiddie Academy does is designed to create enriching experiences for children and their families. If parents are pleased with the relationships and service they get from you and your staff, they’re more likely to recommend your business to others.
- Trust Your Advisors – Part of your overall strategy should be building a network of experts you can rely on for support and advice. Kiddie Academy gives franchisees access to a reliable corporate support system with experts in real estate, construction, training, operations, finance, business analysis, education, marketing and technology. Having in-house experts a call away is essential to providing business owners the help they need or when directing them to a trusted source where they can find it.
It takes hard work and determination to keep a business in peak shape, and it’s important to keep the basics in mind to set your business apart from others. Kiddie Academy has a tried and true support system to help its franchisees through tough decisions, to bolster business and keep franchisees from losing sight of essential business strategies it needs to thrive. When searching for the ideal franchise company to support your entrepreneurial goals, be sure to align with a company that will nurture all aspects of your business, no matter how small.