Not very many people look forward to folding laundry, especially after a long day of work. This explains why cloth folding machines and boards are all the rage now. Whenever you use them, you not only save time you also get professional-level organization for your closet. How do cloth folding machines and boards work? Generally, you place your shirt or pair of pants on the board and move the different parts of the board up, left, then right, to get a perfect fold. Are you tired of folding your laundry by hand? Let’s review the top five Clothes Folding Machine options available in the market today.
5. Geniuside V1 Folding Board ($10.99)
The Geniuside V1 Folding Board makes folding shirts the easiest and fastest task of the day. It is made of durable, high-quality PP composite material, which is built to withstand the rigors of time. Additionally, the board is fitted with ventilation holes to prevent static when folding clothes. It is ideal for folding towels, pants, shirts, long-sleeved t-shirts, and heavy sweaters. At only 1.3 pounds, the Geniuside V1 Folding Board is a very lightweight option, meaning you can easily travel with it or carry it to the laundromat. However, while it can fold a wide range of adult clothes, it is too big for children or baby clothes.
- Can work on thick sweaters and t-shirts.
- Made of durable, high-quality material.
- Board is lightweight and portable.
- Board has ventilation holes to curb static cling.
- Might not be ideal for plus-size clothes.
- Might not be ideal for baby clothes.
4. BoxLegend V3 Folding Board ($16.99)
BoxLegend has carved a place for itself in the Clothes Folding Machines business. Their BoxLegend V3 Folding Board is perfect for storing dress shirts and other garments, especially when you need to travel. Even better, this board uses a three-step process that takes only three seconds to produce a perfect fold. While it is built for dress shirts, it can also fold pajamas, t-shirts, shorts, trousers, and dresses perfectly. The board is made of solid PP and comes in one solid piece that you can fasten shut and hang when you are done. This feature makes it highly portable. In fact, its 27.56 x 22.44 x 0.08 inch dimensions can fold into 11.6 x 9.5 x 1.6 inches.
- Three-step process that takes only three seconds
- Ideal for dress shirts.
- Board is made of strong and durable material.
- Collapsible design that is easy to store and won’t eat up a lot of space.
- Might not be ideal for plus-size clothes.
- Hinges are permanently fixed to the board, so you will need to replace the entire board if they break.
3. Slate Travel Garment Folder ($18.49)
The Slate Travel Garment Folder is the perfect folding board for traveling and will keep your clothes folded on the go. Essentially, you use it to fold your shirts, then insert the shirt along with the folder into a bag or suitcase. Your clothes should remain protected, wrinkle-free, and organized. The board also maintains proper air circulation in your clothes through the front mesh, preventing stuffiness. While the Slate Travel Garment Folder is designed for shorts, you can use it to fold other clothes like sweaters, dresses, and pants. This is also a great board for cyclers because it will keep your clothes crisp and folded as you cycle before you change out of your cycle gear.
- Works on a wide range of clothes.
- Protects your clothes from wrinkling.
- Helps maintain wrinkle-free clothes during travel.
- Ideal for gym bags or overnight bags when you need to carry a change of clothes.
- Can only hold six clothes at a time,
2. NewFerU Clothes Folder Flipfold ($22.99)
The NewFerU Clothes Folder Flipfold is a multi-pack cloth folding board that comes with 12 folders so you can fold 12 clothes at a time. The boards come in separate sizes – children, men, and women – and you have to buy them individually. Each board can fold blouses, sweaters, jeans, pajamas, shirts, trousers, t-shirts, and shorts. Besides helping you maximize closet space, they also reduce wrinkles. One downside to the NewFerU Clothes Folder Flipfold is that you don't remove it from a garment after folding if you wish to avoid wrinkling. This means that you can only fold a few clothes at a time. That said, the board does feature a specialized grip to prevent slipping during folding or storage.
- Can fold all types of clothes.
- Helps you maximize closet space
- Might not work for plus-size clothes.
- Reduces wrinkles
- Produces a professional fold.
1. BoxLegend V2-Plus Shirt Folding Board ($24.99)
Another entry from BoxLegend, the BoxLegend V2-Plus Shirt Folding Board, is the best board on this list for folding children and baby clothes. This is because it has a small design that even your kids can manage if their chores involve folding their own clothes. Additionally, like its counterpart from BoxLegend, you can use this board in three steps to fold your clothes within three seconds. Thanks to its small, lightweight design, you can use the BoxLegend V2-Plus Shirt Folding Board to fold medium-thickness and thin clothes. You can use it for a wide range of garments, including pajamas, shorts, pants, dresses, long-sleeved shirts, and t-shirts. It also comes in a collapsible design, which means it will not take up a lot of space in your home once you fold it. According to Amazon, the V2 version is also the thickest folding board in the BoxLegend line.
- Easy to use, even for kids.
- Ideal for children’s and baby clothes.
- Design is collapsible and portable.
- Made of durable material
- Works for thick and thin clothes.
- The size is not adjustable, so it is difficult to line up all your shirts.
A Clothes Folding Machine will make folding and organizing clothes a very easy task. It is a flat board, usually made of plastic, with several folds where your clothes should be folded to minimize wrinkles. With boards like those from BoxLegend, you can fold and organize your laundry in no more than three seconds through three or four steps. This list of the best folding boards is a great place to start if you are tired of folding your clothes by hand and finding them wrinkles after storage or travel.
Written by Lily Wordsmith
Read more posts by Lily Wordsmith