It might seem like a subtle version of the previous generation Phantom VII, but it's an innovative variation with several cutting edge features. In fact, this vehicle has been described by its manufacturers as one of the most technology packed Rolls Royce Vehicles ever to be produced. It comes with a full-width digital dashboard and exceptional engine sound muffling capabilities for smoother and quieter ride.
This particular model comes with a new styling that is a notable upgrade from the conventional Phantom designs, with a long rear, front overhang and a recognizable C-pillar shape on the front section.
For the first time in the history of Phantom vehicles production, this car model comes with an exclusive grille that is integrated into the bodywork for an improved design. In the same way as before, this new design has a better wheelbase for improved vehicle performance.
Engine and exterior design architecture
This vehicle comes with a 6.75-litre twin turbo V12 petrol engine that is capable of producing 563bhp. More importantly, this engine has been integrated to a satellite aided eight-speed automatic gearbox for unrivaled performance when driving.
This phantom Rolls Royce will also act as the main design for any future Rolls Royce vehicle models. The body of this vehicle comprises of aluminum, with the structure of the vehicle being classified as a space frame, which provides more styling benefits. This means that the Phantom has less than 30% improved rigidity than its predecessor. In fact, the brand company has mentioned that this version one of the stiffest ever models in production. More so, the architecture is also lightweight that the conventional vehicles, with significant increases in between 2550kg to 2625kg. This is due to the additional technology to the four design of the vehicle, and the innovative rear and front axle designs. The air suspension also provides improved shock absorption, and the double wishbones on the front with an axle provide added performance.
Although the rear seats, which the Rolls Brand refers to as a new suite, it is not significantly different from its predecessor. With that being said, the interior design of the New Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII is pristine, and the materials are of exceptional quality. The styling features are unrivaled, and this has been designed to ensure users can enjoy a luxurious experience each time.
For the front section of the vehicle, there are some newly added features. For instance, there is the 12.3 inch TFT screen that comes with an instrument panel.
New Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII at a glance
- Here are some of the major features of this vehicle:
- It comes with a Rolls ZF 8-speed gearbox which operated by a satellite which allows for smooth shifts at almost any speed
- It also comes with a new chassis design, which can accommodate immense weights and the unique motion of the Phantom VII. As a result, this does well to improve traction, propulsion and the vehicles rigidity levels.
- Four wheel steering, which is similar to the contemporary Lamborghinis. As a result, this vehicle has enhanced stability and agility, especially when traveling around tight corners.
- A powerful camera system that auto adjusts the suspension to suit the driving terrain for unrivaled performance and comfort
Written by Garrett Parker
Read more posts by Garrett Parker