20 Dalai Lama Quotes that Apply to Business
The Dalai Lama is a title accorded to the political come religious leader of the Tibetan people. Gradually over the decades he has become a world- wide embodiment of hope to many. Cutting across different ethnic and cultural divides his voice has revolutionized the message of peace and love, further emphasizing on the need for a humanitarian society and some of his best quotes.
He was born on the 6th of July 1935 as Lhamo Thondup before being renamed Tenzin Gyatso upon appointment as leader of the Tibet state. At the early age of 2, the youngster was marked as the next of kin to the Dalai seat, by Buddhist religious leaders. According to The Biography, Lhamo was considered as a reincarnation of the Buddhist deity, a special role that only the spirits could bestow.
At the age of 6 he began a religious training which led to his succession of the throne as the 14th Dalai Lamai. Over the years he has maintained a strong activism for peace, human rights, environmental conservation earning him a Nobel Peace Prize in the year 1989. He has traveled through nations and continents preaching the same gospel. Amongst his many accolades are wisdom filled quotes that cut deep to the very matters of life.
Narrowing it down to the business world particularly, the pressure to work up the ladder of success is one that every entrepreneur falls prey to. The hope to someday make a name for yourself, accumulate a few notes can destabilize even the best of minds. Aware of this, the big fish within the industry have wasted no time in sharing steps and important guidelines when it comes to realizing career goals.
According to The Career Addict, these numerous tips can be summarized into a few basics. These ingredients boil down to:
- identifying and providing solutions to existing problems
- Character, commitment, patience and hard work
- Structuring a plan that will work towards achieving your end goal
- Constant earning through business experiences and mentors; that means listening more and speaking less
- Looking up to role models but ultimately competing against yourself. Striving to do better than your best
- Stepping out of your comfort zone time and again
- Embracing failures and rising up
- Working smart as opposed to working hard
- Creating strong networks along the way
- Embracing a creative mind out to solve problems
- Smart grooming that presents you as a serious professional
- Healthy living, generally taking care of your own body
- Exercising patience and resilience no matter the challenges you come across.
While advice in the entrepreneurial field cannot explicitly be exhausted in only a few lines, Dalai Lama continues to supplement the already existing fundamentals with a few of his wisdom nuggets. His inspirational quotes have not only proven relevant in the market place but equally offer soul remedy to the human race. Drawing from his long life experiences and lessons, the wise man continues to impact the world with one lesson at a time. According to a source from The Goalcast, below are his best quotes regarding work ,investment and success.
20. “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it”
19. “In order to become prosperous, a person must initially work very hard, so he or she has to sacrifice a lot of leisure time”
18. “The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self”
17. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”
16. “Human potential is the same for all. Your feeling of “I am of no value” is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought so what are you lacking? If you have willpower, then you can change anything. I t is usually said that you are your own master”
15. “Time passes unhindered. When we make mistakes we cannot turn the clock back and try again. All we can do is use the present well”
14. “When you realize you’ve made a mistake immediate steps to correct it”
13. “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength, no matter what sort of difficulties, how painful the experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster”
12. “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them, we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience”
11. “When you talk you are already repeating what you already know but when you listen you may learn something new”
10. “An open heart is an open mind”
8. “It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view”
7. “A disciplined mind leads to happiness and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering”
6. “Neither a space station nor an enlightened mind can be achieved in a day”
5. “When ignorance is our master there is no possibility of real peace”
4. “Look at situations from all angles and you will become more open”
3. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day”
2. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better”
1. “The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power but warm heartedness”
The entire list highlights important teachings that any entrepreneur could learn a thing or two from. They permeate different business facets touching on failure, mindsets, positivity, practice, persistence and most importantly activating underlying potential.
Also evident from his business related quotes, is the constant infusion of love, peace and harmonious messages. The Dalai Lama continues to prove to the world and generations over that there is a bigger agenda other than self interests and greed. This explains why he has remained a reputable figure in the last past century.