The Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid is a modification of the smaller Subaru SUV model. It features several upgraded features, i.e., a plug-in lithium battery that has a 17-mile all-electric range and a 35 mpg, a permanent-magnet AC electric motor producing 148hp, as well as a 2.0L flat-four engine option . Other modifications included in the Subaru Crosstrek Models have a spacious interior, a standard all-wheel drive, an easy-to-use touch screen, and an underpowered base engine for a smooth ride. In this post, we will take a closer look at the five greatest Subaru Crosstrek models of all time.
5. 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
The 2019 Subaru Crosstrek is a five-passenger all-wheel-drive SUV with the CVT transmission. This plug-in Hybrid design of this model was based on Toyota Prius Prime’s Hybrid system. With its large 17-inch wheels, you can easily cruise through rugged terrains (though you opt for the standard 18-inch wheels that work well with the steering wheel and do not produce any uncomfortable vibrations while driving). Additionally, the 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid model is much sportier than most of the other SUV models in its class, thanks to its speedy 13:1 ratio. It also has better handling to give you a better driving edge when making sharp turns and driving through rough road surfaces. Below are some of the standard features available in the 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid:
- A DOHC 16-valve 2.0L flat-4 engine
- An 8.8 kWh nickel-metal hydride battery pack
- Gear transmission: continuously variable automatic
- A permanent magnet synchronous AC motor
- Brakes (Front/ Rear): 11.6-inch/11.2-inch vented disc
- Wheelbase: 104.9 inch
- Braking: 70-0 mph; 173ft.
- Tires: Falken Ziex ZE001 A/S, 225/55R-18 98H M+S
- Vehicle type: 4-door hatchback
- Price: $38,470 (base price $35,970
4. 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Along with the new and classy platform, the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek comes with a new 2.0L flat-four engine that produces a 152 horsepower and torque strength of 145 lb-ft. Like the previous Crosstrek models, it has a standard six-speed manual gear transmission, CVT-equipped, and an all-wheel-drive function. This model responds quickly when powered through corners and has a smooth momentum build for aggressive driving. The main downside with this Crosstrek model is the underpowered engine that makes it very difficult when attempting to overtake a vehicle on a hill, especially when loaded with cargo or passengers. Plus, the manual gear transmission requires a lot of effort when shifting gears as you try speeding up. It is advisable to save yourself all this trouble by getting yourself the CVT-equipped model that provides you with a smooth and pleasant road experience. It is sold at an average price of $22,710.
3. 2020 Subaru Crosstrek
The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek model comes fitted with Subaru’s SI-Drive powertrain management system, which was previously used on the Subaru WRX and Subaru Forester models with a CVT. The Hybrid and Limited models have rear-seat USB ports and AUX ports at the console storage tray. The base gear transmission was upgraded with a 6-speed manual transmission, unlike the 5-speed manual transmission used in the first generation models. The Premium trim comes standard with the Starlink Safety and Security system, while the Limited trim features keyless ignition, adaptive LED headlights, and a 6-way power driver’s seat. The following are some of the features in the 2020 second-generation Subaru Crosstrek:
- An auto start-stop system
- An automatic door locking and unlocking system
- A 6.5-inch Subaru infotainment system with Android Auto and CarPlay functionality.
- An FB20D gasoline engine with 154hp and a power output of 115 kW (145 lb-ft.)
- An upgraded interior quality
- Magellan Navigation
- Price: $22,145
- Auto up/down windows on the passenger sides
- Subaru’s X-MODE off-road assist function
2. 2021 Subaru Crosstrek 2.5
On the onset of 2020, Subaru launched the 2021 Crosstrek model with several upgrades, including more driver assistance technology, aesthetic tweaks, a new 2.5L engine option, and a new trim level. Moreover, the eye-catching exterior design blends perfectly with the larger front lower bumper in black plastic cladding. The 2021 Crosstrek model has the Limited trim and the Sport trim, where the Limited trim features a leather interior with orange stitching, and the Sport trim has a unique interior design with a yellow Sport logo stitching. Below are some of the added features in the 2022 Subaru Crosstrek model:
- DOHC 16-valve flat-4 engine with aluminum block and heads
- Torque Strength of 176 lb-ft at 4400 rpm
- Brakes (Front/Rear): 11.6-inch disc/10.8-inch disc
- Power transmission: 182hp at 5800 rpm
- Tires: Falken Ziex ZE001 A/S, 225/55R-19 98H M+S
- Fuel Economy: 23 mpg
- Braking: 70-0 mph; 169 ft.
- Price: $31,440 (base price $27,545)
- Vehicle type: 4-door wagon.
- Fuel Economy: 30 mpg
- Comfy and stylish seats
1. 2022 Subaru Crosstrek (US)
With the standard all-wheel drive and a sharp image, the 2022 Subaru Crosstrek model is an ideal representation of how a modern SUV should look like. It is also listed among the top 3 in the SUV competitive subcompact SUV category. This model has adequate space at the back seat and an easy-to-clean interior. Although the Crosstrek’s base engine is underpowered, there are other speedier models such as the Sporty and eco-friendly Hybrid model to choose from. In our road testing, the Sporty model proved to accelerate up to 60mph within 9.2 seconds, while the hybrid model was much quicker as it took 8.3 seconds to accelerate up to 60mph. However, the 2022 Subaru Crosstrek model does not have the same off-road performance as Land Rovers and Jeeps. Instead, it has more ground clearance than the Subaru Impreza hatchback. In addition to the sturdy interior, this new Crosstrek model boasts of various exciting features, including:
- A durable and spacious interior
- Standard all-wheel drive
- User-friendly infotainment system
- A 152-hp four-cylinder engine
- Effective crash safety functionality.
- Easy-to-use tech features
- The average price is $22,445
Written by Benjamin Smith
Read more posts by Benjamin Smith