In 1931 Ferdinand Porsche founded the company now known as Porsche AG, manufacturer of some of the best high performance sport cars in the world. Today the Porsche is loved by both racing professionals and the general public, both for the racing ability of the cars and for the luxury aspect provided by its design and construction. Yes, the cars are expensive, mostly out of reach of the common Joe, but that doesn’t stop people from dreaming of owning one, nonetheless. Just looking at a Porsche from a distance tells us a few of the reasons why the price tag is so high and glimpsing under the hood will give us many more. But what about the interior of one of these babies? Is it really that much different that the interior of any other car? Different enough to justify adding zeros to the price tag? The truth is, yes, it is. There are enough little extras, including safety features and comfort features, to explain why so many fans spend more. The name isn’t the only thing you are paying for when getting a Porsche, and that is what we intend to explain here. What will one find on the inside of one of the most iconic sport cars in the world? What would one find that makes one so special? It is definitely in the little extras, so let’s take a good look at what we are talking about, from the seating to the sound. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the differences between a Porsche and the car you drive to work every day.
Let’s Talk Interiors
So, you drive a Chevy. It has just about everything one could want in the cockpit: Legroom, power seats, and a great stereo with a CD player and Internet capabilities that came with the car. The seats are done in cloth (maybe leather), but they are comfortable and there is lots of space to move around. Things certainly couldn’t be that much different in a high-end sport vehicle, could it? To put it simply, yes. When Porsche creates their vehicles, they put little extras all over the place so that you will know you are driving a Porsche. We decided to go over the interior features with you to give you a much better idea of what we mean. Before we begin remember that what you get will be determined by the vehicle at hand…a family-sized car is going to offer more than a two-seater, for example, so keep that in mind. Overall, though, you will get the absolute best regardless.
First of all, Porsche comes with your choice of sixteen different interior packages, more if you count the fact that some of them are extended. They come in a wide array of colors and the extended packages have even more options included. Of course, the interior options available depend on the model you are getting, but here is a general idea:
- A variety of interior packages which come in many colors and trim colors with leather options, safety options, and many more great extras
- Door guard sills which offer a bit of class and sportiness, noticeable as soon as you open the door
- Porsche Tequipment Audio system which not only offers the best entertainment experience, but also provides the driver with many other control features that will make their job easier and more comfortable
- The entertainment doesn’t stop where the front seats end. In fact, Porsche provides a complete rear-seat entertainment package for family-oriented vehicles which include rear-headrest screens for passenger viewing, Bluetooth headphones, and USB and USB ‘C’ smartphone charging
- Controls for everything are in close, comfortable proximity to the driver so things can be controlled without hardly a movement from the one in control
- Sporty or elegant? You can opt to go either way if you are buying a new Porsche. Maybe you are always on the go and the sporty version would appeal more to you. Perhaps luxury is what you seek. Either way, Porsche has you covered.
- Full navigation and communications system will make getting where you are going much easier, and you will be able to carry on those hands-free conversations easily with the great technology they offer
- Other navigation and communication equipment includes Apple CarPlay, Online services with navigation updates, Porsche communications manager, and other extras that are optional, depending on your wants and needs
- Safety belts all around that meet required standards
- Glove box and console storage area, as well as cup holders
There are many other interior features which can be added, and some that will take you directly into this new generation of Porsche. For more detailed information regarding all the interior details and extras Porsche provides feel free to visit the Porsche AG website. We think you will be surprised at all the new goodies they are offering.
The Bottom Line
As you know, all of these features and many more are readily available to you when you buy a Porsche, but what kind of price tag can you expect to see? The fact of the matter is that if you buy a Porsche you are buying a lot; these cars come with big tags on them, as you likely know well. Depending on the model, you may pay more or less than the following, which is the price range for the Porsche 911; this should give you something of an idea. The 911 Carerra starts at $97,400, so that should clear things up a little bit, at least. When it comes down to it, everyone has dreamed of driving around in a Porsche, but not everyone gets the opportunity. If you can afford it, Porsche is one of the best out there, and something you can enjoy for a long time to come if properly maintained and operated. Sure, you are looking at shelling out cash, but what do you expect? It’s a Porsche, after all. So, if you’re in the market for one be sure to make a day of shopping so you can find the perfect one for you. You’ll have a lot of fun, and you won’t regret it in the slightest.
Written by Benjamin Smith
Read more posts by Benjamin Smith