Midsize trucks are called ‘midsize’ because they provide the utility and efficiency of full-size trucks with a more compact capacity. One of the top companies that produce midsize trucks, Nissan, is popular for its vehicles’ reliability, durability, and quality. This explains why the world has been waiting for the 2022 Nissan Frontier with great anticipation. Are you thinking of buying the new Nissan? Let’s take a closer look at this fresh model, its top features, and pros and cons. Midsize trucks are versatile, value-packed vehicles that don’t need to be luxurious to be popular. They focus less on the tech doodads and leather seats found in full-size trucks and more on functionality and adaptability. As a great example, the Nissan Frontier model is a simple vehicle that has continued to draw buyers despite not being significantly updated since 2005. And while the 2022 model offers some significant improvements, it is a modernization of the tried and tested formula used to produce the Nissan Frontier. Here is a review of its top features:
The 2022 Nissan Frontier has upgraded internal features, including a 9-inch touchscreen-enabled display. This is currently the largest display of any midsize truck in the class. Additionally, the truck has a premium Fender audio system consisting of 9 speakers and manual control knobs. The additional insulation, hydraulic cab mount, and stabilizer bar also make for a smooth, quiet ride. Even better, the truck has zero-gravity car seats for comfort during long drives.
Like the interior, the exterior of the 2022 Nissan Frontier has seen some great upgrades. It has an aggressive warrior design featuring interlocking grilles at the front, giving it a classy but reserved rugged look. This look is augmented by the newly refurbished Nissan badge, sleek body lines, clean design, classy body indentations, and glass openings in the side window. Over the grills are LED daytime running lights and headlights that make for safe and smooth riding. Buyers will also love the 17-inch wheel style.
According to US News, the new Nissan Frontier has a revised engine that bears many similarities to the previous model. It is a naturally aspirated, standard, 3.8 liter V6 engine with a 9-speed automatic transmission that generates 281 pound-feet of torque and 310 HP. All these features are designed to produce higher acceleration rates and maximum effectiveness and power.
Payload and Towing Capacity
The 2022 Nissan Frontier has pretty much the same towing capacity as its predecessor – 6,720 pounds. While this means that it does not compete well with its competitors in the same class in this regard, it more than makes up for it in terms of payload capacity. The 2022 Nissan has an increased payload capacity of 1,610 lbs. This figure is significantly more prominent than that of the previous model, which had a payload capacity of 1,450 lbs. However, it is still lower than many competitors in this class.
In terms of fuel economy, Nissan has not yet announced the numbers for the new Nissan Frontier. However, since it shares an engine model with its predecessor, it is safe to assume that the figures will fall within the range of the 2021 Frontier. This is approximately 24 MPG on highways and 18 MPG in cities – pretty impressive numbers.
In addition to its top features, the 2022 Nissan Frontier comes with new connectivity features and Wi-Fi accessibility, including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. You will also enjoy a wide range of charging options, including USB-C, wireless smartphone charging, and traditional USB ports. Off-road drivers get an exterior camera system that helps them see slope steps better. One of the most exciting things about the 2022 Nissan Frontier is that, according to Nissan USA, it is the first model to contain the Nissan Safety Shield 360. The shield comes complete with the following:
- · Cross-traffic alert
- · High beam assist
- · Blind-spot warning
- · Automatic braking
- · Pedestrian detection and automatic braking emergency
- · Lane departure warning
Additionally, the 2022 Nissan Frontier boasts of a lot of headspace, eight airbags, and a central console storage capacity of up to four liters. This is more than you will get in any midsize truck out there.
Drivers loyal to Nissan trucks have been waiting for the new Nissan Frontier for a while and will undoubtedly enjoy the familiar but improved features. The pros of this truck include:
- 1. The truck has a ladder-type frame with hydraulic body mounts, strong suspension mounting points, and new bump stops.
- 2. The two-crew version adopts a more rugged look with red accents and a darkened trim.
- 3. The new truck has laminated side windows, like the previous model, but is designed to ward off more noise and wind from the road.
- 4. It also has a more direct and quicker hydraulically assisted steering that is more adaptable to communication than other electric systems in the market.
- 5. The coil springs are situated at the front with the leaf-spring configuration in the back and a conventional solid axle.
- 6. The 2022 Nissan Frontier has an added anti-roll bar in the rear, a revised chassis, and a stiffer front unit that gives it better wheel control and a smooth ride on most road surfaces.
- Despite the significant improvements in some areas, the new Frontier model does not improve significantly on efficiency and performance compared to the previous model.
- The truck draws power from the same engine (standard V-6, 3.8 liters) as the previous model. The engine produces 310 horses – one of the highest today – and a 281 pound-feet torque.
- The truck is not larger than the previous Nissan Frontier model.
- Its combined fuel economy is not very different from its predecessor.
All in all, whether or not you buy the 2022 Nissan Frontier is up to you, but you might want to consider it if you love the time-tested, sleek performance of Nissan midsize trucks. This truck comes complete with a sleek interior, chiseled and rugged outer look, plus improved technology that rates it far above its competitors. It is the best model in the Pro-4x line. Even better, it is currently going for between $26,790 and $37,490, which is a way better deal than you will get from its competitors. This means you have all the reasons you need to try out the new Nissan Frontier.
Written by Benjamin Smith
Read more posts by Benjamin Smith