They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and the adage couldn’t be truer in this instance. When SMEG and Dolce & Gabbana came together to build a household appliance, the result was a high end luxury collection of FAB28 SMEG refrigerators designed under the direct supervision of Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce.
The collection is limited to one hundred pieces, each of which represents the patterns and scenes associated with the beloved marionette theater of the country, as well as the bright, Gypsy like decoration of ancient, horse pulled carts of Sicily. Apart from the cool appearance, the Dolce and Gabbana Smeg fridges can keep your foodstuff cool conveniently and efficiently at a staggering price of $34,000.
We decided to come up with a list of five more unique and statement making refrigerators.
Meneghini Customized wooden fridge freezer
This is a custom made solid ash cabinet that comprises a freezer and refrigerator on one side, and a temperature-regulated larder on the other, where you can keep butter, fruits and vegetables cool. There is an additional optional accessory integrated into the fridge, which can be anything, including a flat screen TV, microwave, or coffee machine. At a whopping $40,000, this is every NBA player's wife’s dream fridge: not for food, but simply for show.
Super smart fridges – Jenn-air luxury series built in refrigerators
These are designed with customizable interiors, and come in several different models, 42 inches and 48 inches wide. Some have beautiful stainless steel finishing, but others need decorator panels or custom made wood and custom handles that you must purchase separately. Features include: full width dairy compartment, adjustable door bins, Precision Temperature Management System with Variable Speed Compressor, Electronic Control Center, and many others. However, the most amazing feature about the Jenn Air fridges is the sensors that allow them to determine when they are most likely to be used, for instance, around lunch or dinner time. Their ability to memorize and monitory the defrosting cycle enables them to keep food fresher for longer too. The base price varies from $5,800 - $7,700.
Triple fridge freezer (John Lewis side by side wine cooler)
Main features include:
- A fridge and freezer, plus high tech storage for up to a hundred bottles of wine;
- Dual controls at the wine section, which allows you to keep your champagne at the bottom and red wine at the top, both at the ideal temperature;
- Glass integrated with a protective barrier that prevents ultraviolet rays and infrared from ruining your Sancerre;
The freezer is designed with “quick freeze” technology, which can supposedly keep your food fresher, while the fridge comes with extra large salad drawers, all at an average cost of $7,600.
AGA American style A SXS
This is a fridge freezer that resembles the traditional Aga cooker to the core, including the model’s iconic badge and the old fashioned handles, meaning that it is perfectly compatible with farmhouse-like kitchens. It features a “holiday” function that allows you to turn off the fridge while the freezer stays on, as well as a filtered water system with child proof lock.
At $4,000, this is the perfect fridge for anyone with little kids. It’s massive storage (557 liters) also makes it ideal for throwing parties, providing you with an endless supply of drinks.
Side by side Panasonic fridge freezer
Main features include:
- Flashing LED lights at the fruits and vegetables sections, which simulate the natural green and blue sunlight hues, activating the fruits & vegetables’ natural defenses to avoid vitamin loss.
- A series of sensors that scan the contents to determine how much is stored inside the refrigerator, and then selecting the lowest power level possible to save you money.
- The company’s Hygiene Active technology that uses air circulation and air filters to destroy 99.9% of germs.
- At a base price of $3,600 and 530 liters of storage, this should be every celebrity’s dream fridge.
An increasing number of people want to upgrade their fridges to a more fashionable style, and there has been a consistent corporate action in the refrigerator market over the last couple of years. In a nutshell, these are the best choices to start from.
Written by Garrett Parker
Read more posts by Garrett Parker