Marcus Lemonis is an American entrepreneur who is best known as a television personality as well as a businessman and investor. He’s a genius when it comes to providing assistance to companies that are struggling. While it is expected that a man of such talents would amass a sizable amount of wealth during his career, Mr. Lemonis at the age of just 44 has achieved a massive net worth of $900 million. He has an interesting story and he serves as an inspiration of what a person can achieve when they apply their talents in the right direction.
Net Worth $900 Million
Name Marcus Anthony Lemonis
Birth Date November 16, 1973
Source of Wealth Chairman & CEO, Camping World & Good Sam Enterprises
The early life of Marcus Lemonis
Marcus was born on November 16th in 1973 in Beirut, Lebanon. At the time of his birth, the country was subjected to civil war and foreign invasions. While the chaos was ensuing in the country of his birth, Sophia and Leo Lemonis adopted him and raised him in the United States where he achieved status as an American citizen. His career began early in his childhood. As evidence of his entrepreneurial spirit, he created his own lawnmowing service while he was an elementary school student. This wasn’t his only childhood business venture. He used the funds that he made from mowing lawns to finance a candy-selling business that brought in even greater financial rewards.
After high school, Lemonis headed off to college. He attended Marquette University. In 1995 he graduated with his degree in Political Science. After college, he accepted work from his grandfather who owned an auto dealership in the South part of Florida. He enjoyed the work and dedicated himself to building a career in this industry.
His adult career
Marcus was fortunate to make the acquaintance of Lee Iacocca who shared his own dreams and visions with him to create the biggest RV chain. Lee game Marcus assistance to set up and run Holiday RV Superstores. After working with Iacocca’s chain for two years, he decided it was time to strike out on his own. He established the FreedomRoads company and began the acquisition of several RV dealerships. He merged the company with Camping World, then followed up with Good Sam Enterprises. He is also the CEO of Camping World and began collaborations with John Andretti, the famous NASCAR driver. It as only a year later that Lemonis made the announcement that he was to take over the sponsorship of the NASCAR East program.
Adding a career in television and investing
Lemonis developed his own reality television show which was titled “The Profit.” He set about assisting small businesses that were struggling. In a brilliant move, he provided them with the necessary advisement and funding to help them get back on track and establish a pattern of growth. For his services, he received a percentage of the companies’ business. He helped a diverse group of businesses across several different industries, thus, diversifying his own portfolio of business interests. It was at this time that he became an investor and it paid off for him very well. His success was so great that RV Business Magazine named him “Newsmaker of the Year.”
Marcus Lemonis has a large interest in Camping World which is a publicly traded company. In addition, he has shares in the many businesses that he helped to get back on their feet and going in the right direction. It’s clear that through his keen instincts and feel for good investment strategies he has developed multiple streams of income that will keep coming in for the rest of his life. He knows how to set up a business and how to make it flourish. Marcus Lemonis is one of those rare individuals who has a knack for making things work, but he hasn’t had anything given to him. He proved his mettle from the time he was a young child, setting up his own profitable business ventures. It’s no wonder that he’s sitting on a net worth of $900 million dollars. His story is far beyond inspirational as people of this caliber are rare. It is precisely this kind of entrepreneurial spirit that can inspire a person born in a war-torn country to rise above the trauma and pain and take hold of life to create precisely the kind of life that they desire.
Memorable Marcus Lemonis Quotes
- “Businesses are based on relationships and relationships are based on people.”
- “The key to business isn’t being smarter or wealthier, it’s being able to connect to people and relate to them. ”
- “Don’t compromise who you are.”
- “My number one asset is vulnerability. If you can be more vulnerable and more human, I’m telling you that you will do more business.”
- “People will work for recognition and opportunity more than they’ll work for anything else. ”
- “If you don’t have emotion and you don’t have passion, then you shouldn’t be in business, because money is a byproduct, not the purpose.”
- “It’s OK if people know the truth about you. Employees will work harder for you and customers will understand you.”
- ”Get comfortable being your true self. Do it at the risk of being criticized .”
- “People respect you more if they get the truth as opposed to a bunch of fluff.”
- “Performance is the best way to shut people up. ”
- ”If you have a good relationship with clients, people for the most part will stop shopping on pennies.”
- “Have no fear and be willing to fail. ”
- “Stay focused, work hard, know your numbers, and be disciplined. If you do those things and take care of your people, the likelihood of being successful is very, very high.”
- “When you shake somebody’s hand, it’s got to mean something.”