We all know the old saying, “A dollar saved is a dollar earned.” This is why you should save money anytime you get an opportunity. It could be a few dollars each day you go shopping, however, the savings add up pretty fast after a few months. One of the best ways to save is use a credit card from a wholesale store. When you are single, it may not make sense to buy anything from a wholesale store because everything you need will come in big packages.
You will therefore choose to source your supplies from retail stores, which sell most items in small and bigger smaller packages. However, when you have a family or three or more persons, it just makes a lot of economical sense to buy stuff in bulk. That is when buying from wholesale stores such as BJ’s starts to make sense. To get even more benefits, you may want to apply for the BJs Credit Card. If you are wondering whether it will be worth it, then check out its benefits below.
BJ’s Perks® Mastercard®
These are the Benefits to expect if you apply for the Perks® Mastercard®. The card is offered by BJs, and they are at liberty to change the terms from time to time. In that regard, you stand to save a lot once you apply and receive the BJs Credit Card.
- Save on Gas – When you fuel your car at BJ’s gas pumps, you get 10 cents for every gallon gas you buy. You do not get the reward in cash, but is added to your credit card.
- In-Club and BJs.com Purchases – You will get 3% cash back when you buy some items from bjs.com or make an in-club purchase. The cash is credited to your card, which you may use when you shop next time. The rewards expire after a period of sixth months.
- Non-BJs.com Gas Purchases and Dining Out – Any time you dine out or buy gas from Non-BJs.com Gas pumps, and pay with your card, you will earn 2% cash back. The cash back earning expire after 6 months, and you must spend it in BJs stores.
- Earnings for Using the Card Elsewhere – When you use the BJs Mastercard® in other places, you will be rewarded with a 1% cash back discount. However, you will only be able to spend the reward in one of BJ’s stores. You cannot withdraw the cash or receive a check.
BJ’s Perks Elite® Cardmember
If you choose to apply for the BJ’s Perks Elite® Cardmember, you will receive the benefits discussed below. You will find that they are slightly are similar to those of the Plus card, except for the purchases you make at BJs.com and in-club purchases.
- Buying Gas at BJ’s Gas – You will get 10 cents credit when you buy gas at BJ’s, which you can redeem by buying something and using the credit card to pay for that item.
- In-Club and BJs.com Purchases – You will receive a 5% cash back gift when you buy qualifying stuff from BJs.com and in-club stores. You need to use the electronic awards before they expire, which takes place within six months.
- Dining Out and non-BJ’s Purchases – You will also be able to earn 2% cash back when you refuel from non-BJ’s gas stations or pay with the card when you dine out. The cash back is awarded if the merchant where you made a purchase or dined is in a qualifying category.
- Spend where Mastecard is accepted – You will be able to receive a 1% cash back if you buy stuff where Mastercard®. While the 1% may not seem like much, if you are shopping every day, it adds up quickly.
Other Benefits of the BJs Credit Card
- Save More – You will be able to save more by including the BJs card in your arsenal of shopping cards. As long as you are paying back in time, the cash back discounts will accumulate to significant savings within six months.
- Indirect Reward Cash Rewards – It may seem that being forced to buy something at BJs or its affiliate debits you access to your savings, but it is not entirely true. You can actually use the card to buy all supplies you need before the end of the sixth month. You can then use the save funds could have spent buying your supplies.
We hope that you found this guide to be informative, and you will enjoy saving more this year.