If you've had to replace your refrigerator recently then you know that this is an appliance that is expensive to replace. It's not a good idea to buy a used model because you may be taking on someone else's headache and there is generally no warranty or guarantee to go with a used appliance.
On average, you can find a quality model for a family of 4 for about $750, but this is without the bells and whistle. The better refrigerators run between $1,200 up to $3,500.
This led us to wonder about the more high-end brands. Just how ridiculously priced can a refrigerator be? We investigated the question and it blew our minds to learn that some of them cost thousands, making the standard refrigerator seem more affordable.
For your entertainment and consideration, here are the five most expensive refrigerators in the world.
5. Liebherr ECBN 6256 PremiumPlus Refrigerator - $8,953
This refrigerator is a stainless steel model that has some unique features that also drive the price up. It's a value if you're into the latest technology is food storage. Special features of this Liebherr include a combination of fridge and freezer with two special technologies called NoFrost and BioFresh.
Here are the features:
- NoFrost technology -The patented NoFrost feature is intended to maintain food freshness for the long term. It works in the freezer compartment by chilling the items placed inside to a frozen state and then re-circulating the air around the items while the humidity that presents when new items are added is expelled from the area. This also ensures that the freezer portion remains free from the formation of ice and items inside won't get frost on them.
- BioFresh feature - The BioFresh system is designed to keep vegetables, milk, meat, fish, and fruits fresher than a standard cooling system. The brand claims that it keeps the appearance and the aroma of the foods intact for longer periods of time and that the foods retain their nutrients for longer.
- DuoCooling -The PremiumPlus has another feature that is called DuoCooling. It is a temperature control system that is integrated into both freezer and refrigerator compartments for independent and accurate temperature maintenance in both areas. It relies on two separate cooling units that block any air exchanges between the freezer and refrigerator. This helps to prevent the transfer of odors from one compartment to the other.
- Other features - This unit also comes with an icemaker with a SoftSystem that allows even closing of the refrigerator door and a mechanism for automatic door closing when it is left open up to 30 degrees. On the interior, there are telescopic rails for easy drawer removal. There is also a door alarm that goes off when the door is open for over 60 seconds. his fridge also comes with a child lock feature with a MagicEye indicator.
4. Northland Master Series GS72RFI - $12,600
Northland is a manufacturer of wine vaults and custom refrigerated storage units. The fourth most expensive refrigerator in the world is the Master SEries GS72RFI.
This model is made with a one-piece design that improves the efficiency of the system cooling. It is 72 inches high and comes with a combination refrigerator and freezer.
It is one of the biggest refrigeration systems in the world that is custom made for residential use. One of the most unique features of this unit is that it is made of stainless steel on the inside as well as the exterior. The shelves are also made of stainless steel for the ultimate in durability and performance.
They're also much easier to clean than many other material types. There are also shelves that are made with clear tempered glass to allow viewing into the contents for easy identification.
The stainless steel is a fine grade with non-magnetic properties. The total space of the refrigerator is 24.2 cubic feet with 24.1 cubic feet of freezer space and it also comes with a built-in ice maker.
3. Northland 60SSG-SGX - $14,000
The third most expensive refrigerator in the world is also a Northland model. The SGX is a higher-end model that is intended for use in a luxury home.
This is a highly stylish refrigerator that is made with aesthetics in mind, but it also tends to business with the materials used and technologies employed. The see-through window is a nice touch that offers a unique accessory in a highly functional unit. The doors are made of stainless steel, and the average price for this model will run around $14,000.
2. Sub Zero Pro 48 With Glass Door - $16,950
If you thought the Northland SGX was expensive, the Sub Zero Pro 48 is priced at more than $2,000 higher. This refrigerator was designed to offer more than 30 cubic feet of storage space. It operates with a dual refrigeration feature that includes two compressors fand three evaporators.
It's designed for the optimum storage temperatures and environments for both fresh and frozen foods. There is also a system that prevents the transfer of odor from one compartment to another, unlike standard refrigerators.
A magnetic door seal system maintains temperature when there is a loss of power for a brief period of time. The freezer is placed on the left side with the refrigerator to the right.
This is a large high capacity home refrigerator that features an advanced water filtration system to prevent contamination of the contents by viruses, bacteria, chemical pollutions, and other suspended matter. The bins are made of stainless steel and they slide in and out for fast access.
The temperature displays for both refrigerator and freezer are placed on the exterior for easy reference. The glass doors are triple-paned and made of UV resistant glass that showcases the contents of the refrigerator. Each section of the fridge is monitored by advanced microprocessors for precise and accurate temperature maintenance.
1. Meneghini La Cambusa Refrigerator - $41,000
The most expensive refrigerator in the world today is the Meneghini La Cambusa refrigerator running at a little over $40 grand. This is a special luxury model that combines all of the functions of a refrigerator with a coffee making machine, and flat-screen television.
This is a custom-built unit that is made by Meneghini of Italy. It measures 218.5 cm x 249 cm and is 63 cm deep. This is a combination fridge and pantry that can be configured in any way that the customer would like, for a steep price of course.
You can also read:
- The Five Best Baby Bottle Brushes On The Market Today
- The Five Best Chainsaw Mills on the Market Today
- The Five Best Belt Sanders on the Market Today
- The 20 Most Expensive Types of Trees in the World
- The 10 Most Expensive Types of Windows and What They Cost
Written by Garrett Parker
Read more posts by Garrett Parker