Shopping for the best mattress can be cumbersome if you are not properly guided. According to CNBC News, there are more than 175 online mattress companies in the world. All these companies claim to sell the best mattresses ever. This article aims to give the top 10 selling mattresses you should buy in 2022.
What To Do When Selecting a Top Mattress
Before we look at the best-selling mattresses, it is good we have a glimpse at some of the qualities they should have. My Move offers one of the best guides on what to do and look at before you purchase a mattress. In summary, you should:
- Focus on comfort. Before you buy any mattress, your comfort is key. Sleeping is a healthy exercise that must be done with a lot of respect for the demands of your body.
- Firmness. Compared to other mattresses, a top-quality mattress should have greater firmness. The more fire a mattress is, the more it will likely be durable.
- Consumer Recommendation. Many companies selling top mattresses have comment sections on their platforms. Take time to review what other customers are saying about a given mattress.
- Firmness and multi-layers do not always equate to quality. Some mattresses may be too firm such that they end up being uncomfortable. Many layers may make the mattress more difficult to maintain.
- Size. Mattresses come in different sizes. Ensure that your mattress choice equals your bed size. A mattress smaller than your bed makes the moves when sleeping, which may make the mattress less comfortable.
- Do not confuse cost with quality. There is a general assumption that the best mattresses should cost more money than others. The truth is, you should take care not to fall into the trap of hyped and aggressive marketing techniques.
Here are the 10 best selling mattresses of 2022:
10. Purple Hybrid Premier 4 Mattress (Queen Size) ($3,799)
The manufacturers of the Purple Hybrid Premier mattresses have taken more than 30 years to perfect their mattresses. It has a unique 4 inches layer that easily adapts to your body and ensures that you sleep cool and experience the best sleep. A base layer added to the mattress with individually-wrapped support coils enhances its durability and comfort.
The soft, flexible, breathable mattress is bordered with high-density foam (polyurethane) that supports its edges. Moreover, it has motion-isolating technology and is one of the perfect mattresses for side and back sleepers. Dominantly white, this mattress has 7.5 inches of pocket springs, which takes almost 72 hours to fully decompress if you sleep on it for a long period. It’s also fit with a fire retardant making it safe. The Queen-sized weighs an average of 168 lbs.
9. Saatva Solaire ($3,595)
Saatva brands have taken over the world’s mattress industry by storm. The Saatva Solaire is an airbed mattress with a pillow top, a memory foam layer, a latex layer, vulcanized air chambers, a moisture barrier, and a power edge enclosure. One can empty and fill the air chambers to adjust the mattress’s firmness. The air design and technology of the Solaire make it more expensive than other Saatva mattresses.
The mattress fits partners who prefer different firmness or those who sleep hot. Compared to other airbeds in the market, the adjustable Solaire has better temperature-regulating features. A power edge enclosure at the perimeters of the mattress gives it extra support making it uniformly comfortable. According to Sleep Foundation, the mattress has an average cost of $3,575.
8. Nolar Evolution 15 (Queen Size- $2,299)
There are three firmness options that you can choose for the Nolar Evolution 15: luxury form (medium-firm), plush (soft), and the form. The mattress is best for couples and back sleepers. Heavier persons should opt for the firm ones. The mattress’s top layer is made of phase-changing ArcticTex fibers that help absorb and release heat, giving it a cool-touch feeling.
The Euro topper has a 2-inch heat escape border gusset and two inches of graphite-infused memory foam made for driving heat away from your body. The mattress has excellent motion isolation, which makes it fit for couples. You are at liberty to try your Nolar Evolution Mattress for 120 nights, and if you decide to keep it, you will enjoy its limited lifetime warranty. According to the TomsGuide, it shall cost you $2,299 to purchase a queen sized Nolar Evolution.
7. Helix Midnight Luxe ($1,849)
The Helix Midnight Luxe mattress is manufactured by Helix, an American company with more than 30 years of experience in the mattress industry. The Sleepopolis shows customer reviews of the mattress and has a 4.2 out of 5 rating. Made for side sleepers, the mattress is hybrid and available in medium to medium-firmness.
You will have 15 years of warranty and a 100 nights trial if you purchase the mattress. The Midnight Luxe is 14-inches and has six layers that create a cushion of more than one foot to sleep. It has a memory foam that relieves pressure on your shoulders and hips. At the edges, the mattress has wrapped coil units that offer added support, ensuring that the mattress is uniformly comfortable.
6. DreamCloud Premier Rest (Queen) ($1,799)
The mattress is best for people with joint and back pain and side sleepers. Upon purchase you receive a sheet set, a mattress protector, and two cooling pillows. The cozy mattress pillow combines contouring soft and high-soft memory that so well to hug your body. In addition, it supports you and removes any pressure you would not like.
All the mattress components are supported by a sturdy base of coils, ensuring a minimum motion transfer. Limited motion makes it very comfortable for people who choose to sleep with their partners. The Premier Best has a 16-inch profile, making it stand out from all DreamCloud’s mattresses. Unlike its competitors, the mattress fits with any foundation, whether the adjustable ones or the box springs. Therefore, customers do not have to upgrade their base when they purchase this mattress.
5. Layla Hybrid (Queen Size- $1,699)
According to the CNET, Layla Hybrid has a rating of 8.5 out of 10. The mattress has a medium-soft side that allows you to sink into its comfortable layers. You can flip the Layla Hybrid, which means its base is the center. It has a 13-inch construction, starting with the soft side of 2.5 inches layer of a comfortable copper-gel foam that helps regulate temperatures.
At the center of the layers is a 6-inch pocketed innerspring that relies on double coils to improve its edge support. The use of memory foam in making the mattress gives it the capability of absorbing motion, making it one of the best mattresses to share with a partner. Due to its flappable nature with two sides of varying firmness, the mattress can be comfortable for side, back, and stomach sleepers. You stand a 120-night trial period and a 10-year warranty if you purchase the Layla Hybrid.
4. Helix Plus Mattress (Queen Size – $1,549)
Regular mattresses are made for people weighing between 200 to 250 pounds. The Helix Plus Mattress is designed for persons with heavier weights and those who are taller and heavier. You will not see the mattress sag or dip, no matter how heavy you are. The mattress has soft upper layers, which makes it more comfortable. The mattress is high with medium firmness.
Its base is made of wrapped coils that are topped with several layers of foam. In addition, it has reinforced edges made of high-density materials that enable it to support up to 1000 pounds. The Helix delivers it with a comfortable Tencel cover and a pressure point-relieving cushioning. Most customers (especially the heavier ones) said that after purchasing the mattress, they woke up with less pain. The Helix Plus Mattress has a 15 years warranty and a trial period of 100 nights.
3. Saatva Classic Mattress (Queen Size – $1,595)
The Saavata Classic Mattress is the best for all sleepers and people suffering from back pain. It is a handcrafted hybrid mattress available in soft and medium firmness. According to the Sleep Foundation, the Saatva classic is available in Twin, Twin XL, Ful, Queen, King, Split King, and California King Sizes.
This is the mattress for customers who sleep hot, are looking for free installation, and want to experience the bouncy innerspring feeling. Among its key features is spinal zone technology that improves spinal alignment and a coil-on-coil design that creates extra breathing, enabling you to sleep deeply. In addition, it comes with a Euro pillow top that is effective in pressure relieving and offers cozy support. Depending on your mattress, you can get a limited or lifetime warranty.
2. Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress (Queen) ($1,599)
This mattress is best for hot sleepers, couples, and combo sleepers. Famously referred to as the ‘Queen’s Mattress,’ it is the coolest and the tallest on this list. It has medium firmness and is of the memory foam type. In addition, it comes with five specialized layers that are made to cradle your body by relieving pressure.
The layers also support your joints. This unique mattress has a pinch base layer made of breathable foam besides a layer of memory foam capable of adjusting to sleeping temperatures, meaning you are less likely to overheat. All the materials are wrapped up with copper wires to ensure that the mattress stays cool, which is crucial in keeping moisture and heat away. People interviewed by Forbes reported that after using this mattress, they were no longer experiencing joint pains.
1. Layla Memory Foam Mattress (Queen Size – $949)
The Layla Memory Foam Mattress is the cheapest of all the best-selling mattresses of 2022. The mattress is best for combo and hot sleepers. The mattress is firm and soft on the opposite sides. You shall have 120 risk-free nights to try the mattress and enjoy its lifetime warranty if you choose to buy it permanently.
Its soft side has a three-inch copper-gel memory foam that will offer you an unmatched plush feeling and additional support in case of deep compression. The Layla is sold with a special cover that provides cooling when one starts heating up-this means that when the mattress has the capability of adjusting itself to room temperatures. Upon purchase, you will get two free pillows.
Health and Safety Issues When Handling Mattresses
Like any other household item, you should be very careful about how you are going to handle mattresses. The following are the health and safety issues you should pay attention to regarding mattresses.
- Old mattresses. They are usually uncomfortable to sleep on and can lead to backaches.
- Dirty mattresses. They are hideouts for bedbugs and dust mites associated with the naughty sucking of your blood and transmission of diseases.
- Release of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Sleeping researchers have established that flame retardants and formaldehyde in mattresses can release the VOCs you can breathe unknowingly. These substances are more pronounced in mattresses with multiple layers. The moment you notice that your mattress needs an exchange, call an expert.
- Fires. Try to keep off sources of fire from your bedroom. Mattresses are highly flammable.
- Deep cleaning. After you sleep on your mattress for a given time, you should call an upholstery cleaning service. The specialists use modern technology such as vacuum cleaners to ensure that they leave your mattress sparklingly clean.
The mattresses discussed above have been tested and found to be among the best in the market. Always look into the selection criteria we have provided for you. When you observe the health and safety guidelines you will live with your mattress for a long time. The advantage of all these mattresses is that they are available online, and the distributors can deliver them to any part of the world. Do not fail to get the best sleep when you have the best choices.
You can also read: