Brittanya Razavi is an American model and actress. She is also the co-owner of the international clothing company 187 Avenue. She is best known for her appearances on reality TV shows like VH1’s Rock of Love Bus and Charm School 3. Razavi’s career as a model was fueled by her appearance on reality television in 2009 with VH1’s Rock of Love Bus and Charm School 3. She had previously turned down a role on the reality TV show Real Chance of Love. The same year as her reality TV debut, she was featured in seven magazines in an eight-month period, including cover features for MMA Sports Magazine, Spire Magazine, Rebel Ink, Savage Tattoo, and Tattoo Energy. She currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
Luckily for us, Brittanya has taken the time to answer some questions we’ve been wanting to know about her both personally and professionally.
1. Brittanya, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. Like we always do in our first question, we ask about someone’s background. What was it like growing up as one of five children? And how did it feel when your father was sent to prison when you were just 15? That must have really shaped you in some way…..
I loved having my siblings around, it was a blessing. My father taught us to always take care of one another and that’s what we did. Yes I feel every event in life shapes us to who we are today. It was a change because I lived with him but he must of knew it was a possible situation for his future and already was molding me to be independent. I got my first car at age 12 and first job when I was 13 so I missed him but I was prepared with out even knowing it at the time.
2. Your career really took off in 2009 by your appearance on reality television in 2009 with VH1’s Rock of Love Bus and Charm School 3. How did these opportunities come about?
Honestly, it was just being at the right place and the right time. When a talent scout discovered me. That’s where it started and I was blessed to be on a spin off which was Charm School 3, that show really opened my eyes to real life and real issues.
3. One of the low points in your life must have been your arrest in 2008 that subsequently led to 6 months in jail in 2010. What lessons did you learn from this?
That time is very valuable and you just have to be a stronger person and walk away from situations.
4. Most people would have a tough time recovering from jail time and an unfortunate incident, but your career seems to be stronger than ever. What would you attribute that to?
I feel that made me more driven. There is nothing I love more then proving people wrong. I’ve been like that as far back as I can remember. Hate and doubt from other people drives my success.
5. Tell us about 187 Avenue…..
It’s a long long story, but to keep it short go to MeowGang and buy some stuff 🤣
6. How did you manage to get close to 9 million followers on Instagram?!??!?!
I’d say getting on the app when it first started which was timing. And also being blessed with the audience who wanted to follow me. And always staying consistent with new photos that I think my audience would like. So it’s a mix of those three things and I’m so thankful for it all every single day.
7. What advice would you give to others trying to start their own business?
Believe in your product or yourself. Don’t give up if you fail the first time, because there are always bumps in the road. And most importantly stay consistent!
8. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
I’d like to say maybe close to retiring. But knowing myself I would never slow down. Hustle to me is like a drug. I’m addicted to my hustle. So I see myself with more business’s.
9. Do you have any other business ventures that you’re involved in or would like to be involved in?
Yes I have a lot going on. A subscription platform that will be launched in a few weeks, and my vacation rentals. My next venture which is my short term goal is getting a commercial building, that is next on my list.
10. You have a significant amount of tattoos. Any interesting stories behind them?
Most interesting, not technically about a tattoo but a little interesting story behind them all…is my first tattoo was done at age 11 and after a few years when I was ready to get more, the person who did my first tattoo at age 11 turned out to be an amazing tattoo artist that has done most my tattoos on my entire body.